Fawk, OK, where to start?
Fucking Hawaiian 'Nomad Division' Party. First off I want to apologize for the seating arrangements for Pho, I had no idea that many people would show up for a noodle bowl. But DMBK rolls hard, the motherfuckers from Suba came by, Tai, Heath and myself convinced the ladies to come out, plus all the usual suspects. Big Steve (the nicest guy in Denver) even braved the weather and rode his scoot. Props to all you bastards who came out.
Safety meetings first and we were actually at Pho right on time (7:30) even though most everyone else was early (for once?). The big table had shitty service while we had a waitress who just did what we told her to do, tried to give us a extra order of wontons and laughed at all of Los's jokes. I didn't get the noodle bowl I ordered but whatever. My appetizers were great, though Peezy ate the last dumpling. Who gives a shit when beers are that cheap?
Out of Pho and headed to Don's mixed drinks right down the street. We got down to the real business of heavy drinking, smoking, shit-talking, wearing a berkah and the usual nonsense That's really the last thing I totally remember. I kinda remember talking to some chick outside when I snuck off to burn one. I also kinda remember her telling Big Steve that he would be OK to ride without a taillight, "Nah yo signals work, yo good. Besides what kind of guy rides a scooter." I kinda remember both of us looking at each other with aspirations of kicking her in the C**t but alas neither took the opportunity at least not that I remember. I kinda remember the gaggle of drunk girls rolled out of the bar, trying to spit their game to whoever got in front of them.. I kinda remember being chastised for taking to the stupid drunk girl by E which was funny only because she didn't here me telling her to kick rocks.
I should of been taking pictures of all of this, but somethings are better left as just memories.
Saturday was Erico's annual Toys for Tots ride benefiting the Ronald McDonald house. Paul, Patrick and myself got there right as the ride was about to leave so we didn' get any of the raffles tickets, I was just glad we made the ride. Especially since Brian rode all the way from Evergreen again, you and Beto would have made a cute couple! This ride normally has a pretty good turn out, but this year (out of fear of the weather/cold and maybe some people have the same feelings I am having now) it was only about 30-40 scoots including the big bikes who were stationing at some (why not all?) turns. I was aware of the usual 'old people' crowd that goes on this ride but it's for a good cause and people usually ride pretty smart.
Hindsight is 20/20.
Without getting into the details, people were not riding safely IMHO, people were not riding in any kind of formation. Two people went down as the result of one dummy who (luckily) was one of those who fell. How you make a Mp3 which is a fucking 3-WHEELED SCOOTER fall over I will never ever know. But that guy did it. The best riding people that day were DMBK (ORLLY) and Rival Gang. Those darn A.S.S. fuckers (that is not a reference to S.Q.R.E.A.M. or any ones sexual preferences, rather to the Aurora Scooter Society) need some serious group riding lessons. Not only in safety and basic knowledge but also in how to keep a group together. And that dude wondered why we never rode with them.
So we did the usual deal, hung out for the food and warm drinks. I bought a 25cent pin for five dollars and it was time to go. The Nun wanted to go to the bar but I really think I was still drunk from the night before so everyone just said their goodbyes and went home. Patrick and I as well as the other Paul (He won the scooter at 'little somethin' somethin', which now has a burrito bag on the seat) got stuck in Broadway going down to one lane under I-25 and to make matters worse the god damn state patrol was right fucking in front of us. Stuck, for a good 15 minutes. Finally we made it through that and it was a straight shot home.
While I was riding home I did come to the conclusion that we have been riding long enough and can get a big enough ride together that we should do our own donation ride. No more dealing with the old crowd or filling out waiver's. Just a fucking ride for a fucking good cause. So any of you guys who have some ideas let's throw them out and get thinking about this. I really like what RivalGang is doing with the half-pints of love so I will be talking to them at some point.
yeah we need our own benifit ride for shure
ReplyDeletethat dude on the mp3 has fallen over three times to my certain knowledge. makes me look like a fucking amateur. i don't think i could make one of those fall.
ReplyDeleteI bet you could Modchen with enough drinks lol sorry I could not resist ;)
ReplyDeleteI saw that fool wreck... We were all stopped at a right turn waiting for traffic. There was a lady riding a buddy 125 in front of him, stopped. He wasn't looking and slammed right into her and then pushed her forward another 5 feet. Then after they got the poor lady up and her scooter up and moved, he twisted the throttle while trying to pick his MP3 up... And that A.S.S. guy on the met,might need a bigger bike.
ReplyDeletePaul was so stoked about his burrito bag! LOLZ