Sunday, September 19, 2010

Jeff Olson and the DMBK shirt

I met Jeff, aka “Grim” when I first moved to Denver from El Paso about 10 years ago. Besides being a total lush for Jack and Coke, Jeff when he is sober enough, is also a pretty sick artist - specializing as a graphic designer/ illustrator.

You can find a bit of his work here:


Grim's WebPage





A while back I asked him if he could design a new DMBK t-shirt, I actually threatened him! I told him if he didn’t produce the goods that I would be jacking all of his Jack. Well, that got the ball rolling…

Jeff recruited Andrea to pose for the shirt: , photo below of Andrea taken by Sean Hartgrove.

The following pictures show the progression of the shirt design:







The initial idea came from an earlier DMBK concept Busk was working on – “Titties and Ice-cream”. Jeff was going to work with Busk’s first pic to rock-it and make it better. But in the end Jeff decided that it would be easier to start fresh – though. with the same idea as Busk’s “Titties and Ice-cream”

Ice cream has been replaced w/ a fist, plus a banner was added.


I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek to see where the pic is now… SICK!

Jeff is a bit of a perfectionist and is taking his time with the final piece.The finished design is very close to being complete.

I’ll update as we go… and hopefully with some more pics..




^TEASER^

2 comments: